Prefects | Leaders Of The Prefect Body And The School
Huanui College Prefects hold a very important role in the school including the wider school community.
As members of the Prefect Team at Huanui College, they are a special group. Our Prefects take on important positions of responsibility in the school. They are involved in supervising and helping young pupils and assisting staff in various duties. Each Prefect is acknowledged by the Prefect badge they wear on their senior blazer.
Our prefects will:
- Be a role model and display excellent behaviour at all times – in the classroom, school grounds, when representing the school, traveling to and from school and whenever they are around the school community
- At all times take responsibility for their actions and do all they can to encourage responsibility, initiative and show a positive approach to the good behaviour of others
- Show respect for all adults, students and other children at all times
- Complete the duties expected of them as a Prefect
- Represent the College in sport, if it is offered at my level
- Wear full school uniform appropriately at all times and abide by and uphold all school rules at all times
- Support school events, executing any duties required
- Make proper use of both supervised and non-supervised private study periods
If you have been chosen as a Prefect, you are being given a position of trust. This trust is expected at all times.
Our 2019 Prefects are: Pippa Benton (Head Girl), Rufaro Manjala (Head Boy), Brooke Senescall (Deputy Head Girl), Jordan Carswell (Deputy Head Boy), Tyla Bowering, Rob Bull, James Fox, Lucas Gardner, Mana Harding, Seheun Hong, Hamish Manderson, Therese Nagel, Dean Page, Bianca Paratene-Riddell, and Tatiana Peita
House Team Leaders – Blake, Hillary, Ngapua, and Sheppard
House Captains have the opportunity to take on an important position of leadership and responsibility within our house groups. They are involved in supervising and helping younger house members and assisting staff with various duties. Our House Leaders motivate and encourage our students to participate in House events throughout the year.
Our 2019 House Leaders are: Blake - Sam Callaghan, Mana Harding, Tatiana Peita Hillary - Lucas Gardner, Zac Snushall Ngapua - Tyla Bowering, Finn Cook, Therese Nagel Sheppard - Robert Bull, Bianca Paratene-Riddell