IMPORTANT - PHONE MESSAGES – The school office can be VERY BUSY in the afternoons so please contact the office before 2.00 pm to ensure your message gets passed on to your child. If your child fails to return to their afternoon Form Class then we cannot guarantee that the message will be received.
PLEASE JOIN OUR SCHOOL APP – ‘Skool Loop’. Here you will find weekly bulletins, notices, information regarding upcoming events.
IMPORTING UPCOMING DATES
- 18 February – Fitness training after school 3.30 pm – 4.30 pm (info below)
- 19 February – Year 9 Info Evening – 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- 20 February – Year 8’s start lunchtime swimming at the Whangarei Aquatic Centre
- 20 February – Year 7 & 8 Info Evening – 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- 21 February – NSSSA Swimming champs – Dargaville
- 22 February – NSSSA Triathlon – Kai Iwi Lakes
- 24 February – Northland Debating 9 – 5 pm @ Huanui College
- 25 February – Huanui Collegiate (Y9-13) hockey trials 4 – 5 pm @ Northland Hockey Turf
- 28 February – Huanui Athletics Sports (please note date change) – more info to follow
- 1 March – Teacher only day
- 5 March – Meet the Teachers afternoon
Information relating to any of the sports events noted above are in a separate SPORTS BULLETIN email sent home separately.
- PREP & TUTORIALS (AFTER SCHOOL) – these are held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 3.30 pm – 5pm at Huanui College. Any children who remain at school after 3.30 pm will be directed to the prep class and must be collected by 5 pm. Prep classes are open to all year groups and will begin from Tuesday 5 February. There is no prep on a Monday and Friday - all students must be collected or catch a bus from the college by 3.30 pm on these days. Subject Tutorials start date and days to be advised.
- INFORMATION EVENINGS (days and times noted above) – these year-specific information evenings are a great opportunity to meet and get to know our new Principal, Mr Coombe, a little better. Mr Coombe will be presenting his views on a range of educational topics including educational philosophy, the Cambridge pathway and university, the focus for each year group in 2019, and future directions of the College. There will be opportunities for questions and discussion. We encourage all our families to come along. Students are not required to be there as they are meeting with Mr Coombe within school time. If you have more than one child at school, please aim to come to your oldest child’s info evening (you are welcome to come to them all if you choose).
- FITNESS TRAINING - begins Monday 18 February - at Huanui College Gym from 3.30 pm – 4.30 pm. This is being run by one of our favourite teachers and is open to ALL Huanui students (will run indefinitely). If you are planning to play netball, football, hockey, basketball, or another sport this winter then this is the perfect pre-season training for YOU! Please ensure they bring a water bottle, snacks, PE kit/sports training gear, and sports shoes. Please arrange for your child to be collected from school before 5 pm.
- SENIOR UNIFORM - Y12/13 - if you are needing to order any senior uniform for this year, can you please notify Mrs Jan Bull by this Monday firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCHOOL LUNCH ORDERS: Monday – Hell Pizza – please order and pay at the school office (cash only $6 standard, $7 gluten free), Wednesday – Lunchonline – orders can be placed in advance by visiting www.lunchonline.co.nz
- KEEP UP TO DATE VIA OUR WEBSITE AND PARENT PORTAL - Below are some pages on our website that may be useful for parents/caregivers to refer to regarding:
Daily notices: https://sites.google.com/a/hc.school.nz/daily-notices/ – keep up to date with what’s happening throughout the year.
Parent Portal – Check your child’s details, timetable and archived reports http://spider.huanuicollege.school.nz/Pages/Login. Please contact Tracey McNamara or myself if you are having difficulties logging in.
- MANGAPAI HOCKEY TRIALS are on Sunday 24 February. Year 7/8 trials from 4-5pm (registrations from 3.30pm). Rally for students in year 9 and above (collegiate and senior men’s and women’s) 5 - 6pm (registrations from 4.30pm). Any students who wish to play men’s or women’s hockey should attend the rally day or, if not possible, please contact Michele Codlin:
- or 0211480139
- VODAFONE WARRIORS - are scheduled to play a trial game against the West Tigers at Northland Events Centre. An opportunity has opened up for all children in Northland aged 5 – 13 years to come and join the Warriors in a skills and drills training session on Thursday 28th Feb at Northland Events Centre – 4.15pm. There will be a free bbq and giveaway prizes!
- GIRLS RUGBY – U15 AND U18 – any girls who are interested in playing club rugby please contact Susan Dawson 027 245 8803. Trainings Thursdays @ 5.30 pm. Please contact Susan for more details.
- KAMO RUGBY CLUB – for more details on registration https://www.sporty.co.nz/kamorsc or email email@example.com
- TIKIPUNGA FOOTBALL SEASON 2019 - Registrations for Midget teams (ages 4 – 8) and Junior teams (ages 9 upwards) are February 21st @ 5pm or February 28th @ 5pm. ALL WELCOME. Located at the Tikipunga Clubrooms at the Sports park off Reed Street. Any queries please contact Jan Garton on 021 029 57051
Regards, Donna Newman