Huanui College is committed to promoting achievement, raising standards and to providing an environment that encourages all students to develop their abilities to the fullest. We aim to provide a rich education for every student, working with them to extend and maximise their talents and interests and encouraging them to take pride in their accomplishments, by celebrating their successes. It is also our role to support our students to meet the challenges we set for them.
Different students will need different levels of support and we are committed to understanding the individual needs and circumstances of each student; building their confidence and providing strategies that will enable them to become more independent and assured in their daily lives and for whatever lies ahead. Contact Kay Budd-Fletcher for more information.
- Identify and monitor a student’s needs at the earliest possible stage
- Make teachers aware of additional / specific needs of the student they teach and provide support for both the teacher and student to meet their needs
- Help students with their intellectual, emotional and social development, working with them to develop their personal skills and abilities so that they feel recognised, valued and supported
- Meet the particular social and emotional needs associated with students with different learning styles and needs
- Work to ensure students with a different learning styles and needs develop a positive self-image
- Provide lessons which take account of both the student’s abilities and their learning preference
- Continuously improve classroom-based provision for students with different learning styles and needs
- Devise strategies for learning as part of a differentiated, extended and enriched experience
- Raise students’ levels of achievement
- Recognise under-achievement through reflective teaching, learning and monitoring practices
- Increase the level of engagement of all students by providing accessible programmes of learning
- Enable students to reach their potential in all aspects of College life
- Make use of diagnostic information, including formative and summative assessments, to provide insights into each student’s learning behaviours and needs
- Maintaining Student Strategy Documents in order to recognise the needs of individual students and to monitor their attainments.
- Share information about learning and behaviours and academic attainment with students, encouraging them to set realistic goals and take responsibility for their own learning and achievement, building confidence and competence