Newsletters | Keeping everyone well informed
Our monthly newsletter, HC News, has matured from humble roots into a beautiful and reliably informative missive with a large and loyal readership. Many businesses and voluntary organisations have discovered the organic benefits and referred credibility of advertising in HC News. Subscribe to Huanui College News today using the form on this page!
Newsletter content submission
- Text can be submitted as Word, PDF or Plain Text files and must be proofed and ready to simply copy and paste.
- Images can be submitted as JPG, JPEG, PNG or GIF files and must have a minimum long edge dimension of 600 pixels.
- Advertisements should be carefully designed to be visually effective within the 600px wide newsletter column width.
- For advertising tariffs and editorial guidelines, please contact us.
Below is a browsable archive of recent HC News issues (latest is first) please be patient as they may take a moment or two to load from Mailchimp's servers.
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
On Tuesday we said Bon Voyage to the Hamlet family who are moving back to the UK. We wish them all the very best and look forward to seeing them again soon.
Senior Reports (Y11 – 13) will be available to view on the Parent Portal by end of school Friday 18 June. Any issues accessing the parent portal, please contact email@example.com
- 1 July – Friends & Family Coffee morning – 10 am @ Mokaba, Town Basin – current and future families welcome
- 1 – 4 July – Duke of Ed Bronze practice journey
- 2 July – F & F Meeting – 7:00 pm at The Northland Club, Porowini Ave – ALL WELCOME
- 2 July – Y7 Huanui Award
- 3 July – Parent/Student/Teacher interviews – Senior students only – Y11 – 13 – please book via the Parent Portal
- 4 July – Matariki celebrations including a hangi
- 5 July – last day of term
- 5 July – Huanui Showcase – 1:30 pm – 3 pm – ALL WELCOME
- 5 July – last day of term 2 – this is a 3-week break (Junior Reports will be available on the last day of term).
- 21 – 26 July – Year 10 Hillary Outdoors trip
- 29 July – first day of term 3
- 31 July – Subject Options evening – 3.30 pm – 7:00 pm – more info below
- 1 August – Australian Maths Comp
- 6 & 8 July – Junior School Parent/Student/Teacher interviews – 3:30 – 7:0 pm – more information on how to book will be available at the start of term 3.
- 14 August – HC Open Evening – 4:30 pm Guided Tours; 5:30 pm Presentation
DAILY NOTICES – the link to access our daily notices has changed. Go to http://bit.ly/HCdailynotices
HUANUI HOLIDAY PROGRAMME – for more info http://bit.ly/hcholidayjuly2019
SENIOR PARENT/STUDENT/TEACHER INTERVIEWS - Wednesday 3 July 3.30 pm – 7:00 pm. Bookings now open via our Parent Portal.
HUANUI ANIMAL FARM HOLIDAY HELP REQUIRED - Mr. Towey would like to know if there are any volunteers out there that willing to keep an eye on the animals over the term break from Thursday 11th to Friday 25th. Tasks include refilling the chicken feeder (which takes about 5 mins every 3 days), moving the sheep/piggies to a new paddock every 5 days, and checking the water every once in a while. Any eggs you find are yours! Please contact Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT OPTIONS EVENING – Wednesday 31 July – 3:30 – 7:00 pm. This evening is for current year 9, 10, 11, & 12 students to discuss their 2020 subject options. HOD’s and teachers will be available to give advice from 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm. From 6:00 pm, Mr. Coombe will give an explanation on how Cambridge works in terms of University Entrance and to answer any general questions around subject selection.
SAVE THE DATE – Sunday 20 October – Luau on the Links 2019 fun raiser at Whangarei Golf Course. Start the conversation with friends or workmates and get a team together for our final Rarotonga fundraiser for the year. 18 hold ambrose course – loads of fun! Sponsors and spot prizes welcome.
BLUE LIGHT LIFE SKILLS CAMP - currently has spaces and are taking applications for the following Life Skills camps. 12-16th August - Whenuapai, Auckland; 9 - 13th September - El Rancho, Waikanae. Information has been pinned up at school. Should you have any queries about this opportunity please contact our programmes team by email or phone Hannah on 021 528122. Office 0800 BLUE LIGHT (258 354) Email me at email@example.com Visit us at www.bluelight.co.nz www.facebook.com/nzbluelight
NFF HOLIDAY PROGRAMME – Northland Futsal Academy – register online www.northlandfutsalacademy.co.nz
SHACKLETON SEA SCOUTS FUNDRAISER @ Flip Out Whangarei. Friday 5th July 6pm – 7.30 pm $20/person (more info attached)
BLANKET DRIVE – The Rotary Club of Whangarei City is hosting a blanket drive for the months of May and June. If you have any extra or unused blankets, duvets or warm bedding, please deliver directly to Tai Tokerau Emergency Housing Charitable Trust, 5 Woods Road or to the study room at school as our Rotary Interact Club is involved also.
- 29 June – Senior Basketball game @ 10:00 am – Cameron Basketball Academy
- 1 July – Collegiate Hockey – 2nd XI @ 9:00pm; 1st XI @ 7:00 pm
- 3 July – Jnr Hockey Academy – last one!
- 3 July – Midweek boys football – GRAND FINAL @ 4 pm at HC
- 3 July – Miniball at Kensington Stadium
- 4 July – Senior Basketball at Kensington Stadium
- 22 July – Collegiate Hockey
- 30 July – Y9/10 Get to go
- 31 July – Clay Target #4 @ Dargaville
- 9 Aug – NSSSA Basketball Senior Boys Div 1
- 14 Aug – NSSSA badminton teams - Girls
- 15 Aug – NSSSA badminton teams – boys
- 20 Aug – NSSSA Senior Netball @ Dargaville
- 21 Aug – Bream Bay Sports exchange Y7/8
- 22 Aug – NSSSA Basketball – Y7/8
- 23 Aug – HC SPORTS PHOTOS
If your child is interested in any of these events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FOOTBALL/HOCKEY SOCKS – these are available to purchase through our uniform shop. Socks are not supplied as part of any uniforms that we loan to students directly. $20/pair sizes M, L or XL available.
NFF HOLIDAY PROGRAMME – Northland Futsal Academy – register online www.northlandfutsalacademy.co.nzTop of Form
Bottom of Form